Monday, September 19, 2005

Akihabara in the morning is a really relaxed and quiet place. The calm before the storm. I returned to Akihabara today for several reasons, chief among them, I really like that district. It's really my kind of town. Second was to buy a "Murse" or "Man Bag" or whatever toy want to call it. They're all the rage over here, and really useful. I carry my laptop, iPod, camera, and a note pad around in mine. Thirdly I came to see if I could get some accessories for my laptop.

I arrived rather early and most of the shops weren't yet open. The streets were almost empty. A real ghost town. While I waited for things to get going, I bought my new bag and sat in a coffee shop for a while. Eventually more and more shops opened up and I started to wander around. I found the component I was searching for and decided to head home. On my way back to the station I noticed that they closed off the main drag to automotive traffic. I then recalled that on Sundays and holidays they close the main street in Akihabara and it becomes a giant walking mall. Pretty cool. Also of note in today's travels, I found the first shop selling Warhammer stuff. (I used to work for Games workshop which makes a game called Warhammer.) That's about it for today.
Ja Mata Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home