Sunday, October 02, 2005

After finishing last night's post I was relaxing when my phone rang. There are exactly 5 people who know my phone number and only 2 of them live on the same side of the planet, so it always suprises me when my phone rings. Anyways some of the other students were having a birthday party for Dasha, the one Russian student (thought she's a student at Cambridge.) I headed over to Cherry Court (there are two NiDai housing apartments "Crest" and "Cherry Court"), which is about a half kilometer away (I feel sorry for them having to walk to the train every morning.) To my amazement it wasn't just the usual group of students. There were also several Japanese people there and even a Sushi chef! (I have NO idea where/how they found him, but it was cool.) I stayed and chatted with various people for a while and had some green tea ice cream. It got kind of late so I excused myself and went home.

As planned I got up this this morning at oh-dark-zero (actually, the same time I get up on weekdays, but it's the weekend!) I managed to not get lost on the way to practice today which was nice. I even got there a few minutes early. Today was a great test of my Japanese skills as usual translator of "what's goin on!?", Peter-sensei, wasn't there. Also the usual students weren't there either. There were two new older (the usual students are, maybe 10?) students there today, one of which spoke a little English (enough to rephrase questions I didn't understand). The head Sensei (er, "teacher", sorry) it turns out is really good at showing and explaining what to do, so that even I understood what was going on. In the past I've been kind of off on the side, mostly watching. Today I actually did all the drills with the other students. It was awesome, completely exhausting, and so much fun.

After practice I dragged my tired husk of a body back home and took a nice long nap. I got up and had some dinner and now it's time to study. Man the weekends shoot by. I need to figure out a time to go visit Sparks down in the land of not Tokyo...
Ja Mata Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home