Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Alright, in lieu of today's post, and as promised, here's the update where I respond to questions and comments. Sorry it took so long (-_-).

Q:Can I take some pictures of clothing stores?
A:Yes! I haven't taken pictures yet but I will. (Josi, you've got the style down pat ^_^)

Q:Have you seen any Cos-Play shops ("Dress-up" ala my "Vash the Stampede" costume)?
A:Yes, I visited some while in Akihabara. They're pretty pricey, but the stuff is top-notch. Too bad I'm about 2 sizes too big for anything (T-shirts stop at "L" mostly over here).

Q:What's you school Schedule like? Do you go to school on Saturday?
A:I have class Monday and Tuesday 9:00am to 4:00pm, Wednesday 1:00pm to 4:00pm, Thursday and Friday 9:00am to 2:30pm. I don't have school on Saturdays, but Kendo practice which is extra curricular meets Wednesdays 6:30pm to 8:30pm and Sundays 9:30am to 11:30am (which means I have to leave the house by 8:00am on Sundays). The Train ride to school takes about 40 minutes so I usually leave by 8:00am and get home around 5:00pm.

Q:Hey, weren't you going for a year!?
A:That was sort of the plan. The true plan was go for 3 months, option when I got here for a year. I realized before I left, however, that I need to graduate eventually (if for nothing more than to start on a masters *wink,wink*). Long story short, 3 month trip. If/when I return, next time will be a year or more.

Q:How much does, say a 1/5 of Jack Daniels cost?
A:1545yen or approximately $15.oo for a 1/5 of white label.

Q:Is there a LAN (local area network "party") scene?
A:I've seen billboards advertising "LAN" cafes... I've seen Bawlz (energy drink)... Akihabara exists. The evidence says yes.

Q:Has that game that children play been enacted on me yet.
A:No, I'm not in such an environment. Ask Sparks. (If this is too vague, just go on the next question and pay it no heed)

Q:Will you bring me something back? (What will it be?)
A:Probably. (That's a secret)

Q:Have you walked up to a Japanese person and said *insert rude comment about America's treatment of Japan during World War II here*?
A:No, I like being not-deported.

Q:Are the spiders really that nice?
A:Being a huge insecta/araknaphobe, yes they're really cute actually. (I will take a picture when possible)

Q:Why don't you carry around a map of Tokyo so you don't get lost?
A:Tokyo is a VERY big place, a normal triptych only covers a small area or sector so I'd have to carry around several maps. Besides, there are generally no street names, and maps posted on every third corner.

Some Extra Notes:
-Please watch language in comments, as Sparks says "This is a family show folks" d(^_^)b
-I have more photos than just those I post. I learned in photography class to never delete a photo, no matter how boring. Think about the guy who kept the picture of Bill Clinton shaking Monica Leuinski's hand when everyone else left it on the cutting room floor. When I return home I will make all of my pictures available for anyone who wants to see them.
-tacopunch, if you're reading this please post a comment. I need to know how to bring up the hardware specs of an iBook running OS-X. I need to see if my neighbors computer has a wireless card.
One interesting thing about today. It rained for the second time since I've been here. Only a brief shower, but if broke the humidity... for a while. Hooray, sleep-in day (read get up and study Kanji) day!
Ja Mata Ne.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dockett said...

Sweet, thanks for the info. I really thought I could sit down and find it right away, but after 15 minutes of looking I had to give up.

Yes, FFXIAC is super sweet. I need to DL a subbed version so I know exactly what was going on (I got the jist of it, but calrification is needed)

I'll look up that series. I got the Densha GO! game for PSP. It seems stupid, but it's a really fun "Train Simulator"

Say "Hi" to everyone for me.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you've mentioned before I apologize, but how's your net connection there? I know Andy's trouble getting the Net at his place... do you have a pretty good conneciton.

Just curious.

Also, if you're willing to do some shopping for people I might make ya a little list of stuff... AND if you need/want anything from 'back home' I'm sure someone here can send you a care package!

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home