Thursday, September 15, 2005

Some of the students had a cooking party last night which I went to. It was a lot of fun and I got to learn more about some of my fellow students. For example, some of the Finnish guys and the Swedish guy said that people in Northern European countries value silence as a form of communication. For example, in some parts Sweden a short whistling inhale replaces "yes" in conversation. He said when he hangs out with his friends at home they won't say anything for hours except maybe "I think it's time to eat" which is replied to by "ffft." And here I thought I was only going to learn about Japan.

I had my first "MOS Burger" today. MOS Burger is kind of the Japanese equivalent to maybe Wendys (which they have here too.) The burger was really good. It was kind of like sloppy joe on top of a hamburger... Their fries were really good to.

This just into the good news department (the good news department has been so busy recently.) It seems I will be able to take a Kendo class while I'm here. It's not actually through the University, but rather one of the professor's personal group. The gym where they practice is evidently kind of far away from my apartment, but that's not really an issue thanks to the trains. The group meets twice a week, Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I can't wait. It sounds like it'll be a great learning experience.

Well, one more day til' the weekend. I'd better get to bed.

Ja Mata Ne.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dockett, your blog is awesome. By the way, I have some questions.

1. How much is a bottle of say, "Jack Daniels," there?

2. Have you seen anything at all that indicates there is any type of a LAN scene or equivalent there?

3. Have you been 'Kancho'ed yet? And if so, was he nice about it?

4. I know I probably don't deserve anything, but thats not going to stop me from asking; Can you buy me something small and insignificant from a Japanese person's perspective but monumental from mine?

5. Have you ever gone up to any of your teachers and/or random Japanese person and say, "Hey, remember that one time you bombed my Navy?" Or asked, "Hey, remember that one time you guys raped Nanking?" If you havent' done either of those, could you and then write about it in your blog?


Thats all for now from me. Have fun.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, one more thing. Next time you talk to Sparks, tell him to allow me to 'comment' on his blog without requiring me to create a blogger login. Right now, you've done it correctly so that I can choose 'other.'

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home