Saturday, December 03, 2005

This may be my last post from Japan. I depart from my apartment tomorrow and will be staying the night at a hotel. (Mmmm western bed...)

This last week has been bitter sweet. I've had a really good time, but at the same time it's sad to leave. When I arrived in Japan I didn't know anyone (well, one guy but he was several hundred kilometers away) but since then I've made so many friends. Thanks to the internet I should be able to keep in touch with everyone. If I ever want to visit Europe I now have lots of people's couches to crash on.

Friday there was a Closing Ceremony held at the main NichiDai building. It was a very nice presentation and all the JLSP students got certificates of completion. Afterwards there was a nice catered reception and we all said farewell to our teachers and the staff.

Friday night all the students got together with some of the staff and went out for a big dinner.

It's funny; when I arrived "the" question was "What did you think of Japan before you came?" In the middle of my stay it was "What do you think of Japan now?" Now it's always "Will you come back?" (The answer is "Yes, definitely!", BTW)

This morning I took a box of stuff to FedEx to have it sent home. The nice people at FedEx were very helpful and actually saved me some money by suggesting a smaller box then the one I had used.

This afternoon was spent packing up. A lot of hard decisions about what to take home had to be made. I have a VERY nasty feeling my bags are still too heavy for the plane...

This evening I went out for some Japanese curry. I went to a new place near my apartment which I hadn't tried before. It was quite tasty. A shame I had to find it on my last night here.

Now "Lost World: Jurassic Park" is on (Japanese language version.) Argh, I'm so spaced out I actually want to watch it. I hate the stress of moving.

The next time I write I'll probably be half a world away. Until then.

Ja Mata Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home