Friday, September 16, 2005

Ah, a three day weekend. Is there anything better? How about a three day weekend followed by a three day work week and another three day weekend? I'm liking this country more and more.

To top it off, fridays are my short days. I don't have a second afternoon class so I leave school about 2:30pm and can take a less crowded train home. Usually I have class til' 4:00 which means I don't get home til' after 5:00.

Backtracking, in addition to my language classes, including conversation class and kanji class, I have "JLSP" class every day. I mentioned it earlier as "Japanese Mind" class. We have a different lecturer every day. I haven't has the monday session yet (due to opening ceremonies this past monday), Tuesday is Japanese film, Wednesday our teacher was sick, Thurday is Japanese traditions and culture, Friday it seems in Japanese literature. To my great joy, the first book/movie combo we're discussing in Rashomon (a Kurasawa film).

Reading a recent comment (I'll reply soon, I promise!) I decided to go check out the local liquor store. I had heard rumors around school that the liquor (and beer) here were quite expensive. I found it to be quite the opposite. The prices on imported liquors were quite comparable to those in the states (a fifth on Smirnoff costs roughly $12.50). Not to say that everything was cheap however, as I found several $50.00 bottles of Sake and a $20.00 bottle of Johnney Walker Black. Much to my dismay however, I could not for the life of me find any rum. The one liquor I was really looking for and the liquor store (and two local grocery stores) didn't have it. I didn't have my dictionary on me so I couldn't ask if they had it in the back. Oh well, I guess it's straight soda for me.
Ja Mata Ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home